Even in my blogging hiatus I have thought often about writing, content, etc. And I do have some blog posts already written and ready to go (maybe should take the lapse in time to actually proof read something), as well as quite a few I have wanted to write for some time now. If only I was able to record my thoughts to writing when I was running.
- A brief overview (mostly in pictures) of what we’ve been up to in the months without blogging.
- A round up of my favorite cafes’ in Aberdeenshire
- Carry On Travel Tips
- Crisp way of life: the UK’s love of potato chips
- My love-hate relationship with Air BnB
- 2 Weeks in Croatia
- Long weekend in Skye
- A Weekend in Northern Ireland
- The long horsey road that left me with Hamish
- The expatriates: expectation vs reality
- The trailing spouse’s need for an independent life
- Being an Air BnB host– why not try to make up some of that lost horse money
- Horsey posts….there’s bound to be loads more horsey posts.
Anyway, I wanted to give a little teaser on the posts that will be coming up in the next few weeks and months. Hopefully this gets you excited and tuned back into Hot Dogs to Haggis, hopefully I start to get some followers back that have forgotten about me, and of course, I hope to get some new followers.
Now those aforementioned are the posts I’ve already written, or are long over due. In addition to those…I have some fun times coming ahead this year and am sure more than a couple blog posts will be coming from them. So am hoping these adventures on my calendar result in good times and entertaining blog posts if nothing else:
- A girls long weekend in Porto, Portugal (3 moms + 3 non-breeders = how will our worlds collide)
- A girls weekend in London (me + 2 single ladies…bound to get into trouble)
- 2 weeks in Indonesia in August!!
- My mom’s visit in June with a weekend in Glasgow
- My father-in-law and brother-in-law visiting in July
- Wedding in Copenhagen + a uni reunion
- A weekend on the Isle of Eigg
- My mom’s return visit in October with a trip to Lisbon
- A possible weekend up north to Ullapool & John O’Groats
- 3 Weeks home for Christmas & Megan’s wedding
- Jumping Hamish – right now we are a LONG way out, but really just looking forward to growing and progressing with Hamish. And I think Jumping him in 2017 is a good, acceptable goal.
And I’m already looking forward to next year’s hols (British slang for holidays). In early chats with some stateside friends about a girls trip- location TBD but there is a lot of Switzerland chat. Along with a possible sailing adventure with other couples around Italy or Greece which is E’s dream. And a frosty trip up to the Shetlands in January for a fire festival. Wanting to come visit us? Time is running out and 2018 is already getting booked.
Anyway, I hope you see more of me and my writing, and I hope I hear from more of you. Let me know if you have an idea for a blog post you’d like to see, if you have any questions, or even some shady hate mail. I do love me some hate mail. Just kidding…well, kinda.